Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The secret ingrediants...

"Patience is a virtue, but it ain't one of mine"... well, not (quite) yet anyway. Despite the fact that I can now (grudgingly) see what they mean when they say patience is a virtue.

I recently had a run in with patience, and I must say it got the better of me. There's nothing more annoying than having to wait when you want to go in guns blaring and DO IT RIGHT NOW!! The problem seems to be that the universe has other ideas on how things should be and what goes on and when. I can talk of faith and manifesting the things that you desire, I have said: Idea / Concept = Thought + Belief (faith) in that thought = Concrete Reality - I left out the secret ingrediants in the formula though - patience (aka time) and the clear communication of what our intentions are.

We all desire things to happen and we can put so much energy into the things that we desire that we forget that in order for these things to come about, the right moment is also needed. We've heard it all before, it'll happen, in good time. It's true. But the killer, is waiting for it to happen, letting go of the concept or idea that we are trying to manifest and allowing it to come into being. There'll come a day perhaps when time will be a concept that doesn't play a part in this - and in some respects, we can bypass time once we have mastered the art of letting go of our desires long enough that the universe can wrap them up to be delivered to us. In the meantime though, patience is of the essence when it comes to what we desire.

What is patience exactly? What do we really mean we we are saying "be patient"? If you look up the word patience it's broken down to mean a state of endurance (or rather relevantly) the character trait of being steadfast. How does this fit in with what we desire? Well, maybe it's the universe's way of testing our resolve. It's lifes way of saying, if you really desire it - then prove it.
It's not that hard really... is it?
The funny thing about waiting, about perservering and being steadfast in what we believe is that over time, we start to question things. The longer we have to wait for something, the more we start questioning our resolve to begin with. When we came out guns blaring to start with, shouting to the world this is what I'm creating for myself, we find that the longer we have to wait for it, the more likely we are to destroy what we are trying to create. I've said before that I can be my own worst enemy, we all can, and when it comes to patience - well this would be my biggest downfall I know.

This is the essence of patience though, it's a test of being steadfast in our resolve in making our desires a reality. When we are putting ourselves out there and creating our desires, we forget that it takes time for things to come about. When we desire something, our instinctive reaction is the need to have it now. We perceive time to be the enemy working against us and as more time passes, it's harder to hold the clear intentions we had in that moment when we said this is what I desire right now! The key to getting around this is to let go of the idea that we've created. If we let go of the idea with clear thoughts and emotions behind what we are trying to make happen, then we are basically letting go of our connection with it and also the opportunity to pick it to pieces before it can happen. When we let it go and stop putting expectations on it, it's like placing an order. We know we'll get it so why worry about it? Why leave ourselves the opportunity to doubt it coming about?
It's a harder thing to master, this letting go of what we desire, because it means letting go of the emotional attachment we have to it - but like a painting, when you create something, there reaches a point where you have to put your paintbrush down and leave well alone. If we don't, we end up trying to perfect something that was perfect as it was. We find that the longer we keep dabbing at it, the more likely we are to spoil the picture.

Moving on to the second secret ingrediant... you'll notice I'm also being careful about how I'm phrasing things...
We all 'want' certain things, we 'want' certain outcomes. When we commit to something we 'want' though, most of the time that's exactly what we get - a 'want' - or rather, we are left 'wanting' that thing. Wanting being that state of longing for something, that we all know and love so much!
When we want something, we are implying that we would like to have this thing that we want and most of the time when we say we want something, that's what we get, that wanting of that thing, but not the thing itself. Let's face it, to want is implying that we don't have it, to be left wanting is to be left without.
I tend to find that when it comes to the things I need, they are all but mine for the taking when I commit to them, the same goes for the things I put my heart into, the things I desire. But the things that I want? Well... that's a whole 'nother ball game, one that leaves me feeling rather empty handed really.
So what then is the difference between want and desire?
It doesn't sound like much, but when we desire something, we are putting our hearts into it. We are saying, this is something I really, really am going to make happen and I'll do anything to get it. We're throwing our hearts into the idea even though it's not something that we need as such, but we are making a commitment to making it happen whole heartedly.

Language is a very powerful tool in this way. Thought and speech are one and the same to the universe - they both express something from deep within ourselves. We've all got the power to create, to manifest - but as with most things in life, clear communication of what we are asking for is the key to making it real.
There's a saying, we don't always get what we want, but we get what we need. Most of the time we don't get what we want, but frustratingly we do get the feeling of wanting it.
When a want becomes a need though, there's a sense of urgency bestowed upon it, your heart goes into your needs as much as it does your desires. The key then is to desire or to need and to use these as your basis when stating your intentions - what your heart goes into, what you do out of love, reaps it's own rewards. It creates something out of nothing.

I stand by what I say when I say it's absurdly simple to have the things we desire. It's our birthright to create these things and well within our power if we can understand how the process works. As I write this I'm almost kicking myself at how it can all come together. We are the creators of our own destinies, the choices we make are ours and ours alone, nothing that happens is ever contrary to that which we create for ourselves. Sometimes we can't see the reasons behind the things that happen until time has passed and we can seperate ourselves from our emotional involvement in the event. Other times we don't see how we could create something that turns out so differently from what we thought.
The reality of it is, if we look at what we have and can seperate ourselves from the situation, we can see exactly why we are where we are and how we got there. Having said that, seeing the situation from this perspective, also gives us the power to create something new out of it. When things happen which we see as being bad it's easy to say why me?! - it's a lot harder to stand back and say what can be gained from it all?

The bottom line in all of this: Be careful what you wish for and always keep an open mind. If you want something, then that's what you'll get - wanting. If you need something, don't give up, have patience, let it go and allow it time to make it happen. If you desire something then put it out there whole heartedly and have faith that it'll happen. If you're not good with patience, then practice letting go - put the paintbrush down and leave it be. What will be will be, all in good time.
Oh and expect the unexpected when it comes to creating your desires - the most insignificant moment can be the one that leads to the reality that creates your dreams....

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I am taking your advice, and I am placing an order please:
    - My desire is to have a loving, passionate, honest, fulfilling, fun, happy, healthy, playful relationship where I meet all his needs and desires and he meets all my needs and desires! Do I want fries with that? No thanks! But I would also desire to go on our honeymoon to Paris!
    Thank you!
    Paid in full!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, again, the ribbon tree is the Silky Gypsy in disguise....

    ReplyDelete
  3. *laughs*
    So basically what you're looking for, gypsy in disguise, is a Happy Meal... ;D

    ReplyDelete